Take some time to unwind at the weekend while you enjoy one of our roster of workshops, talks and
screenings, from 2pm-6pm every Sunday.
Every week we will start with a 2-hour life-drawing workshop, led by teacher Andrew Dembina. People
of all levels are welcome – from first-timers to those experienced in drawing from a life model. Models
are nude – as is the classical norm in studying the human form – and for those less familiar with life-
drawing, Andrew will offer them tips on anatomical structure, composition, and basic drawing handling
with pencil, charcoal, rubber and chalk pastels.
As well as life drawing, other Sunday activities will be on rotation from week to week and will include
• Art-related or 'art house' feature film screenings, with led group discussion.
• Art-related or 'art house' short films and animation screenings, with led group discussion.
• Talks by and with local and visiting filmmakers, stage writers, producers and directors, and
performance art creators, illustrated by screenings of excerpts of their work.
• Talks with local and visiting artists, illustrated by screenings and sometimes examples of their
actual artworks when portable enough to bring along.
• “International Art World News” – a monthly talk and discussion on some of the interesting and
quirky goings-on in the international arts arenas, led by by Andrew.
• Other Art Sundays activities and talks will be scheduled once we get rolling.
It all begins in April!
2pm-4pm. – Life Drawing
4pm-4:30pm – Afternoon tea
4:30pm-6pm – screening / talk